You may notice the air is getting a little crisper. The leaves have started to change from bright green to shades of orange and yellow. The sun leaves us a little earlier each day. That’s right, it’s fall! That means it’s the start of the holiday season, and with that come some serious health blunders that may compromise the progress you’ve made so far this year. Let’s take a look at some tips to stay healthy this fall.
how to boost your immune system to stay healthy this fall:
1. BUY IN-SEASON AUTUMN VEGETABLES
Fall brings some tasty vegetables to the table. Buy things like beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, eggplant, kale, and squash this year.
2. INCREASE BLOOD CIRCULATION / HOT STONE MASSAGE
Some people find the warmth of the hot stones to be comforting and get this type of massage for relaxation. Hot stone massage is suited to people who tend to feel chilly or who have cold feet.
It’s also suited for people who have muscle tension but prefer a lighter massage. The heat relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist to work the muscles without using deep pressure.
People also get hot stone massage for a variety of health conditions:
•Back pain and aches
•Stress, anxiety and tension
3. HERBAL / SALT BATH
Not just for cleansing, bathing in herbal scented water can help reduce stress, soothe the skin and just be a relaxing experience for everyone.
Herbs can be chosen for their therapeutic offerings; such as softening, soothing muscles, stimulating circulation or drawing out infection. Despite your ideas for an herbal bath, there are some basic rules to follow in order to get the most out of the experience.
When creating an herbal bath, enclose the loose herbs in a sachet, or bag to keep them from sticking to the skin. Also, avoid using extremely hot water, as it is very drying to the skin. Plan on a 10 minute soak, to enjoy the full benefits of using herbs in this way.
Of course chamomile makes the list. Its gentle, fruity scent will whisk away your stress like no other. This is a wonderful choice for small children, but any age will benefit.
Chamomile is an herb that can be used alone in the bath. I use it for my fussy babies, to help them settle before bedtime. It is safe enough for the youngest bathers, and the scent help calm the frazzled mom as well.
Basil is an herb of choice if you are creating a stimulating bath. The pleasant aroma will wake up your senses and leave you feeling refreshed.
Eucalyptus has that recognizable scent we all know of. Use it in a stimulating type bath, or one where the user is feeling congested.
Of course, lavender makes the list of bath herbs. Who doesn’t enjoy a soothing soak in lavender scented waters? Perfect for any type of bath, lavender is a wonderful supporting scent for most herbal blends.
Rosemary offers itself as a wonderful bath herb. Its piney scent will help when you are feeling under the weather, and congested. I find that a rosemary bath helps after a long day working in the garden. The aches and pains seem to melt away.
Epsom salt bath
People take Epsom salt baths for many reasons: They can help to relieve stress, soothe your muscles, soften your skin and maybe even reduce the look of wrinkles. Some recent studies have even indicated that Epsom salt baths may be soothing for children with autism.
Epsom salts are made up of the compound magnesium sulfate, and they got their name because one of the earliest discoveries of magnesium sulfate took place in Epsom, England. Magnesium and sulfate both play essential parts in the ways in which our bodies function.
Magnesium is important in that it helps keep enzyme activity regular in your body, and it helps your bodily functions to run smoothly. More than half of all Americans have a magnesium deficiency, which is believed to be a factor in all kinds of health problems
Sulfate also plays an important role in the way in which your body works: It has a role in the formation of brain tissue and joint proteins, and it can strengthen the walls of the digestive tract.
Taking an Epsom salt bath helps restore magnesium and sulfate in your system because they can be absorbed through your skin. Some doctors recommend soaking three times per week for about 12 to 15 minutes. If you’re wondering where to find Epsom salt, just check out your local grocery store, health food store or pharmacy.
4. STABILIZED OXYGEN DROPS
Stabilized Oxygen is a safe, non-toxic stabilized liquid concentrate of electrolytes of oxygen. It has been used for many years by travelers to purify drinking water in foreign countries such as Mexico, Africa, India, Russia, etc. The reason being, the highly portable form stabilized form of aerobic oxygen, not only oxidizes contaminants in questionable water, it immediately kills hostile microbes, anaerobic bacteria and viruses.
Stabilized Oxygen is oxygen in molecular form. It is a variation of Chlorine Dioxide where oxides of chloride have been stabilized and refined it in its purest form and extremely safe for human consumption.
One of oxygen’s many properties is that it destroys harmful bacteria. As a result, Stabilized Oxygen kills every form of infectious bacteria that water contains where it has been applied. In fact, researchers have not found any anaerobic infectious disease bacteria that Stabilized Oxygen does not kill. This includes Salmonella, Cholera, Streptococcus, E. coli, Pseudomonos, Staphylococcus and even the dreaded Guardia-Lamblia, just to name a few.
It is interesting to note that the friendly aerobic bacteria which we need in our digestive systems is not affected by Stabilized/Aerobic Oxygen. In fact, the good bacteria thrive in its presence.
Uses of Stabilized Oxygen
There are many applications for the use of Stabilized Oxygen. The major area of its application is to kill of harmful organisms, and at the same time increase the concentration of oxygen.
Here are some other applications:
1. Purification of potable water.
2. Purification of questionable water.
3. Water storage.
4. Health Benefits. Killing infectious bacteria and candida albicans, helps respiratory and chronic health problems. By taking 20 drops 3 times a day, people have reported benefits in the following areas: angina attacks, asthma & emphysema, bronchial infections, sinus infections, Alzheimer’s, poor circulation, candida, headaches, energy levels, yeast infections.
5. Maintenance and Health Support.
6. Athletic Training.
7. Energy and Stamina.
8. Spraying Vegetables & Fruits to keep them fresh.
9. Tooth Decay & Gum Infection.
10. Mouthwash. These reported benefits as well as many others are due to the ability of the body to utilize high concentrations of Oxygen introduced through the digestive system. *Note: Aerobic Oxygen can be used in any cold liquid.
Here are observations by Researchers and reports from Doctors who are prescribing Stabilized Oxygen for their patients:
- It removed chlorine from drinking water and killed infectious bacteria.
- Stopped epileptic attacks and assisted patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Cancer cells will not grow in the presence of oxygen.
- Twenty drops of Stabilized Oxygen in a glass of 1) water three times daily reversed patients emphysema. After about three days of treatment, the bronchial infection (which accompanies emphysema) begins breaking up. Then, the Stabilized Oxygen begins furnishing oxygen which the lungs were previously incapable of producing. Chronic sinus infections begin breaking up generally on the third day. Stabilized Oxygen was continued until the infection cleared.
- Beneficial to patients with respiratory problems. Even when the patient was using an oxygen mask, after several days on Stabilized Oxygen the patient was able to discontinue using the mask.
- Puts oxygen into the blood so fast it can prevent heart damage due to lack of oxygen.
- If red cells clump, 20 to 30 drops of Stabilized Oxygen in water will separate them after one hour.
- Candidiasis — 20 drops of Stabilized Oxygen in Aloe Vera three times a day will clear it up. (Iowa University calls Candidiasis a lesser form of AIDS)
- Helps digestion. Most food putrefies before digestion is complete causing the spread of infectious bacteria.
- Sore throats, ulcers and kidney infections all benefited by the use of 20 drops of Stabilized Oxygen in water three times per day.
- Some dentists inject a 30% Stabilized Oxygen, 70% saline solution into infected gums in place of surgery. They also use if full strength after drilling, and before fillings are put in, to prevent infection. Other clinics are using 30% Stabilized Oxygen, 70% saline solution intravenous for cancer, leukemia and other chronic infections.
- Viral or bacterial infections anywhere in the body, and common colds, were reversed by the use of Stabilized Oxygen. Twenty drops of Stabilized Oxygen, mixed in a teaspoon of honey and warm water, were administered three times daily until the infections cleared. Stabilized Oxygen acted the same as antibiotics: but with no side effects.
- Asthma, breathing and heart attacks, were also relieved by Stabilized Oxygen. Forty drops of Stabilized Oxygen mixed in an ounce of brandy (or pure apple juice), quickly puts vital oxygen into the bloodstream. This helped prevent heart muscle damage due to a shortage of oxygen.
- Has been described by practitioners as acting like an antibiotic but with no side effects.
If you have questions about Stabilized oxygen drops and how it can help you – drop me a line to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. STAY HYDRATED
This is an easy one to follow in the summer, but come fall, you may not feel as parched. However, staying hydrated is still crucial to keeping your body running at its best.
I’m not talking about joining the gym or hiring a personal trainer, I’m talking about incorporating a physical activity that makes you happy and doing it every day, even if it’s only for 30 minutes. This is enough to get your Qi free flowing and gives you added benefits like decreasing stress, anxiety, depression and irritability!
Begin a meditation practice. I know, this sounds hard, but really all you have to do is just sit quietly for 5 minutes where ever you feel safe and sound. It helps to focus on your breath.